EDUCATIONUniversity of Wisconsin School of Law, J.D. 1999 (cum laude)
University of Notre Dame, B.A. 1992 (Government and International Relations with a concentration in Philosophy, Politics and Economics)
Marquette University High School, Diploma 1988
- State Bar of Wisconsin
- U.S. Eastern District of Wisconsin
- Milwaukee Bar Association
James S. Swiderski
Jim is a shareholder with McNally Peterson, S.C. and is a member of the firm’s business law, real estate, and employment law practice groups. The firm’s clients appreciate Jim’s practical and business-oriented approach to solving complex legal problems.Jim’s business law practice includes providing general corporate advice to the firm’s clients by representing small businesses and privately-held and closely-held companies throughout their life cycle including advising them with respect to business formation matters, expansion and growth of the business including obtaining bank financing and through mergers and acquisitions, succession planning, and the sale of the business. Jim represents businesses in merger and acquisition transactions by preparing and negotiating asset and stock purchase agreements and the ancillary documents related to such purchase agreements. Jim provides intellectual property services to the firm’s clients by advising and assisting companies in filing trademark registration applications with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office.
Jim’s real estate practice includes commercial and residential sales and leases and representation of condominium associations. Jim represents businesses in the acquisition, sale and lease of commercial properties. Jim represents individuals buying or selling residential real estate including in the preparation and negotiation of Offers to Purchase and the ancillary documents related to such purchase agreements, providing advice on title insurance matters, with respect to property inspections and testing, and resolving closing issues. Jim represents condominium associations with respect to general corporate governance matters, amending condominium charter documents, including declarations of condominium, articles of incorporation, bylaws and rules and regulations, and resolving issues concerning residential unit owners.
Jim’s employment law practice includes representing businesses and individuals in the preparation, negotiation and review of employment agreements, severance agreements, and noncompetition agreements. Jim also provides advice and counsel to businesses dealing with employee issues.
Currently, Jim is an adjunct professor at the University of Wisconsin School of Law where he teaches a business law course in the Lawyering Skills program.
Prior to entering law school, Jim served in the United States Senate in several positions including as a Legislative Assistant for a member of the Wisconsin congressional delegation.
Previous Practice Experience
- Weiss Berzowski Brady LLP, Partner (2002 - 2013)
- Reinhart Boerner Van Deuren Norris & Rieselbach, S.C., Associate (1999 - 2002)
- Wisconsin Department of Justice Appellate Practice Extern (1998)
- Board of Director, Potawatomi Area Council of the Boy Scouts of America
- Board of Director, Day Care Services for Children, Inc.
- Past Chair, St. John Vianney School Curé d'Ars Annual Fund
- Past Chair, St. John Vianney School Board
- Past Cubmaster, Treasurer and Den Leader, St. John Vianney School Cub Scout Pack 71
- Coach for local youth basketball, football and baseball teams
AWARDS AND HONORS
- State Bar of Wisconsin / University of Wisconsin School of Law Academic Achievement Award
- 1999 Student Commencement Speaker at University of Wisconsin School of Law
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award
- Gerald K. Konz Scholarship
- Phil Owens Memorial Award